This "HEATER" veggie chili Bitchin' bread bowl is perfect for serving high temps on game day - NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART OR TASTE BUDS!
- Prep Time:
- 20 mins
- Cook Time:
- 40 mins
|1 tub||Heat Bitchin’ Sauce|
|1||large Onion, diced|
|4 cloves||Garlic, finely minced|
|3 tbsp||Cayenne Chili Powder|
|2 tbsp||Habanero, minced|
|1 tbsp||Ghost Pepper, minced (use gloves!)|
|2 tsp||Red Chili Flakes|
|2||Bell Peppers, diced|
|2||medium Carrots, diced|
|3||Celery Stalks, diced|
|2 28-ounce cans||Crushed Tomatoes|
|2 15-ounce cans||Beans, drained and rinsed|
|2 cups||Frozen Corn|
|Salt, to taste|
|Green Onion Bitchin Sauce, to top|
|Large Whole Wheat Bread Bowl, to serve|
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in onion and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another minute. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, and chili flakes and stir for about 30 seconds.
2. Add the peppers, carrots, and celery and cook for about 5 minutes, or until they just start to soften. Add tomatoes and their juice and bring to a simmer Add Heat Bitchin’ Sauce, habanero and ghost pepper. Once the chili begins to simmer, reduce the heat to medium-low. You want the chili to be at a low simmer with the lid off.
3. Continue to cook the chili, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Add beans and corn and let the chili return to a simmer. Cook for 5 more minutes or until the corn and beans have heated through.
4. Generously salt to taste.
5. Serve on its own or in a Bitchin’ bread bowl! We topped with Green Onion This Dip Is Nuts!