A super easy way to jazz up homemade pretzels is to stuff them with Bitchin' Sauce! We stuffed these tasty twisties with our Spinach Artichoke Bitchin' Sauce and boy oh boy is it a mouth waterer. Be sure to set aside more than one for yourself cause these puppies go QUICK!
- Prep Time:
- 35 mins
- Cook Time:
- 20 mins
|1 tub||Spinach Artichoke Bitchin’ Sauce|
|3 tubes||Refrigerated French Bread dough|
|1 cup||Artichoke Hearts|
|1 cup||Frozen Spinach, defrosted and drained|
|2||Garlic Cloves, minced|
|Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes|
|2 tbsp||Baking Soda|
|1 1/2 cup||Warm Water|
|1 tbsp||Chopped Parsley|
|Coarse salt, to top|
1. Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine artichoke hearts, frozen spinach, garlic, mozzarella and Spinach Artichoke Bitchin’ Sauce. Season with salt and crushed red pepper flakes.
3. Divide each dough into 6 pieces to make 18 pieces total. Stretch and roll each piece into a long rectangle. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the spinach artichoke mixture into the center of the dough. Roll the dough tightly, making sure no cheese is exposed, into a tight rope. Twist and shape the rolls into a pretzel shape and transfer to prepared pan.
4. Add baking soda to a shallow bowl filled with warm water. Whisk until the baking soda is dissolved. Brush baking soda solution onto each pretzel. Let set until the pretzels have dried, about 10 minutes, then brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with parsley and coarse salt.
5. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until pretzels are golden. Serve.