This mushroom wellington checks all the boxes: vegan, easy to make, and totally Bitchin’! Caramelized onions, spinach, and ‘shrooms come together to make a creamy party in your mouth. Lather on your favorite Bitchin' Sauce and this dish will be the star of the show.
- Prep Time:
- 25 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
|1 tsp||Olive Oil|
|2 cups||Spinach, cooked|
|1 six-inch||Vegan Puff Pastry sheet|
|4 tbsp||Roasted Green Chili & Pepita Bitchin’ Sauce|
|¼ cup||Almond Milk|
|2 tbsp||Maple Syrup|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
1. Place a large frying pan over a low to medium heat. Add 1 /2 tbs of olive oil and yellow onion. Stir for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Remove the onions from the pan. Add baby spinach and cook until wilted. Remove spinach.
3. Increase the heat to medium/high. Add remaining olive oil and place the mushrooms, top side down. Cook for about 5 minutes. Turn over and cook for another 5 minutes. Transfer the onions, spinach and mushrooms to the refrigerator and cool completely.
4. Preheat the oven to 390 Fahrenheit. Place a puff pastry sheet on surface. Spread a ration of the caramelized onions over the middle third of the pastry, making sure to leave an extra 2cm border at the edge of the pastry. Top with half of the baby spinach and another layer of caramelized onion. Place two mushrooms bottom side up, then spread Roasted Green Chili & Pepita Bitchin’ Sauce on top. Top with remaining caramelized onion and spinach.
5. Very carefully roll the pastry over the top until you have a log. Press down to seal the edges. Roll over the log so that the seam is facing the bottom.
6. To make the vegan egg wash whisk almond milk, maple syrup, and olive oil in a bowl. Lightly coat your pastry! Place in the freezer for 10 minutes, take out for another vegan egg wash routine, and freeze again for another 10 minutes.
7. Place the pastry back on the baking sheet and tray and place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until sunny! It’s ready to cut and serve!