Vegan Saucy Supreme!
This homemade Saucy Supreme is a plant based Bitchin' masterpiece. To make this crunchy Bitchin’ wrap, we cooked up some taco "meat" out of mushrooms, onion, and walnuts and later added layers and layers of Bitchin' Sauce (we used the OG and Chipotz). The result was undeniably taco shop quality. Try making this at home with as much Sauce as needed (wanted).
- Prep Time:
- 25 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
|8 oz||Mushrooms, chopped (stems removed)|
|½||Yellow Onion, roughly chopped|
|¼ cup||Walnuts, toasted|
|1 tbsp||Flaxseed Meal|
|1 packet||Taco Seasoning|
|3-4 tbsp||Original Bitchin’ Sauce|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|⅔ cup||Black Beans, cooked|
|1 cup||Lettuce, shredded|
|1 cup||Tomato, diced|
|1 tub||Chipotle Bitchin’ Sauce|
1. Pour toasted walnuts, mushrooms, onions, flaxseed meal, taco seasoning, and 3-4 spoons of OG Bitchin’ Sauce into a food processor and mix!
2. Saute taco meat mix over medium heat until browned, breaking into bite size pieces of vegan goodness.
3. Place a large circular flour tortilla on a flat surface.
4. Spread out a layer of Chipotle Bitchin’ Sauce in the middle, in roughly the same size as a tostada shell. Add your vegan taco meat on top. Place tostada shell on top of “meat” and drizzle more Chipotle Bitchin’ Sauce.
5. Top with a small handful of black beans, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and a few cilantro leaves. Place a mini circular tortilla on top of the filling.
6. To fold, start with the bottom of the flour tortilla and fold the edge up over the center. Continue this process, for a total of 6 folds and press down to ensure the tortilla doesn’t unfold.
7. Heat a skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Add your crunchwrap, seam-side down and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the surface is golden brown. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the second side is golden-brown. Slice in half. Enjoy your Saucy Supreme!