Caramelized Onion Empanadas!
These caramelized cuties are bursting with Bitchin' flavor! Buttery browned onions, mushrooms and peppers cuddle up in a cozy empanada cradle, crammed with Caramelized Onion Bitchin' Sauce. Savory, simple, and oh-so satisfying.
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
|1 tub||Caramelized Onion Bitchin' Sauce|
|6 disks||Empanada dough|
|2||Eggs, beaten for egg wash|
|10||Serrano peppers, chopped|
|2||White onions, chopped|
1. Chop onions, mushrooms, and serrano peppers
2. Caramelize onions and saute mushrooms & peppers
3. Combine and mix into a bowl with Caramelized Onion Bitchin' Sauce
4. In a small bowl, mix together the beaten egg with 1 tablespoon of water
5. Preheat air fryer to 330 degrees
6. Lay empanada dough on flat surface and add filling
7. Fold disks in half, fold the edges together, and use a basting brush to cover each one with the egg wash
8. Repeat this process with remaining dough and filling and arrange in oiled air fryer basket
9. Cook at 330 degrees for 8 to 9 minutes until golden brown
10. Dip in Caramelized Onion Bitchin' Sauce and enjoy!