Life's much more Bitchin' with these Beer-Battered Silly Chili Fish Tacos! We air-fried four thick pieces of Cod, but not before adding a Saucy amount of beer to the Bitchin’ batter, of course 😉 Top with our zesty Cilantro Chili Bitchin’ Sauce (or any of our other savory flavors) for an easy meal ready for taco night!
- Prep Time:
- 30 mins
- Cook Time:
- 12 mins
|4 pieces||Bitchin' fish (we used Cod)|
|⅛ tsp||Baking Soda|
|⅛ tsp||Black Pepper, freshly ground|
|1/3 cup||Cilantro Chili Bitchin’ Sauce|
|1 cup||Purple Cabbage, finely shredded|
|1||medium Tomato, diced|
|1/3||medium Onion diced|
|1/3 cup||Cilantro, chopped|
|1||Lime, cut into wedges|
1. Mix 1 cup of flour, cornstarch, baking soda, beer and egg into a bowl and stir until smooth and delightful. Cover & fridge for 20 minutes.
2. Mix ¾ cup of flour, paprika, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a separate bowl. Bitchin’ batter time!
3. Dip your fish *deep* into the liquid batter. Let the excess fall off, then dredge in dry flour mix. Coat filets in any leftover dry mix before cooking.
4. Pre-heat the air fryer to 390°F.
5. Spray your filets! Spritz enough veggie oil to make them glisten. Air-fry for 12 minutes at 390ºF. Keep your oil on hand- double and triple spray as needed if looking dry.
6. Delicately place your (hot!) filets into warm corn tortillas. Assemble with purple cabbage, red onion, and the biggest possible scoop (or two) of Cilantro Chili Bitchin’ Sauce.