On a chilly winter eve, there's nothing quite so Bitchin' as basking in the oven-hot glory of a homemade pot pie! Stuffed with hearty vegetables, the addition of our ultra-creamy Original Bitchin' Sauce ensures all the pie mixins bake into a robust, soul-warmingly savory filling. Brush the dough with melted butter & sea salt across and over the edges to give this pie the flaky & golden crustiness it so deserves. The result: a vegetarian take on an all-American classic, sure to kick your new year off to a most-saucy start!
- Prep Time:
- 1 hour
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|½||White Onion, chopped|
|2 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|1 cup||Gold Potatoes, cubed|
|2 cups||Frozen Peas and Carrots|
|4 tbsp||All-Purpose Flour|
|1 ½ cup||Vegetable Broth|
|Salt and Pepper, to taste|
|2 Tubs||Original Bitchin’ Sauce|
|1 Sheet||Puff Pastry|
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
3. To the skillet, add the onions and garlic. Sauté until translucent.
4. Add potatoes and sauté for about 5 minutes.
5. Add peas and carrots, and stir again.
6. Add the butter to the vegetable and allow it to melt.
7. Sprinkle the flour, covering the vegetables, and quickly stir to avoid lumps.
8. Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil to thicken.
9. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
10. Slather Bitchin’ Sauce in a thick layer over top of the pie filling.
11. Place pie dough over the sauce and vegetable mixture, and seal along the edges of the skillet with your fingers.
12. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.