Sometimes you "mess with perfection", and the universe shoots back something Bitchin'! The BLTA may be a perfect sandwich to some, but try smothering it in the creamy lemon & garlic goodness that is Orginal Bitchin' Sauce. You've just taken your sandwich game to a whole new saucy stratosphere. Throw in some smoky tempeh-bacon to keep things plant based!
- Prep Time:
- 10 mins
- Cook Time:
- 10 Mins
|1/4 Tub||Original Bitchin' Sauce|
|2 large slices||Whole Grain Sourdough bread, freshly cut|
|3-4 leaves||Romaine or Butter lettuce|
|1||Heirloom tomato, sliced|
|4 slices||Tempeh Bacon|
1. Place skillet over medium heat with 2tbsp of oil. Once hot, toast sourdough slices until golden brown and crisped.
2. Reset skillet with 2tbsp of fresh oil. Cook tempeh-bacon over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes, until color deepens and crisp edges form.
3. Set all ingredients on a smooth surface. Smother both slices of sourdough with ~2tbsp of Bitchin' Sauce.
4. On the bottom half, stack avocado slices on top of tomatoes. Fit as much as can lay still.
5. On the top half, press bacon slices in diagonal pattern on top of Bitchin' Sauce. Lay down lettuce leaves.
6. Carefully flip top half onto bottom. Cut in half diagonally for a more manageable bite, or just dig on in!