Stuffed Pasta Shells!
Pesto stuffed shells with butternut squash! Use any of our Bitchin' flavors as a creamy substitute for butter and cream. Dive right into the holiday season with this saucy dish.
- Prep Time:
- 30 mins
- Cook Time:
- 1 hr 25 mins
|1 ½ cup||Butternut Squash, cubed|
|1 ½ cup||Zucchini, cubed|
|1||White Onion, roughly chopped|
|3/4 cup||Milk or Almond Milk|
|1 lb||Ground Turkey|
|3||Garlic Cloves, chopped|
|1 lb||Jumbo Size Pasta Shells, cooked|
|1/2 cup||Ricotta Cheese|
|1 tub||Pesto Bitchin’ Sauce|
|3/4 cup||Parmesan, shredded|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|1 tsp||Salt & Pepper|
|1 tbsp||Italian Seasoning|
|1 tsp||Red Chili Pepper Flakes|
|2 tbsps||Fresh Parsley, chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 400 F Degrees.
2. Spread onion and butternut squash evenly on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Bake for 40 minutes.
3. Transfer roasted squash and onion to a food processor. Add milk and 1/2 tub of Pesto Bitchin’ Sauce. Puree until smooth, then set aside.
4. In a large skillet, cook zucchini. Add garlic and ground turkey over medium heat. Break the turkey into pieces, allowing to brown slightly. When zucchini and turkey are about half cooked, season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes to taste. Finally, add spinach and stir until wilted, then remove from heat.
5. Transfer turkey and zucchini mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add ricotta cheese and remaining 1/2 tub Pesto Bitchin’ Sauce and stir.
6. Pour butternut squash mixture into base of a 9x13 baking dish, spreading to form a base layer. Lay stuffed shells and top with remaining parmesan.
7. Fill cooked pasta shells with the Turkey/Veggie/Bitchin’ Sauce filling. Top with parmesan cheese
8. Bake for 30 minutes covered with aluminum foil. Remove foil and cook for another 15 minutes. Serve topped with fresh chopped parsley. Yum Yum Yum!