Bitchin’ Inspiration: Beer Battered Fish Tacos!
May 25, 2021
Life's much more Bitchin' with these Beer-Battered Silly Chili Fish Tacos! Find our Cilantro Chili flavor at a Target store near you!
4 pieces of Bitchin' fish (we used Cod)
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 tbsp cornstarch
1/8 tsp baking soda
2 oz beer
1/3 egg beaten
1/8 tsp paprika
1/3 tsp salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Pinch cayenne pepper
4 Corn tortillas
1/3 Cup Cilantro Chili Bitchin’ Sauce
1 cup finely shredded purple cabbage
1 medium tomatoes diced
1/3 medium onion diced
1/3 cup of chopped cilantro
1 Lime cut into wedges
1. Mix 1 cup of flour, cornstarch, baking soda, beer and egg into a bowl and stir until smooth and delightful. Cover & fridge for 20 minutes.
2. Mix ¾ cup of flour, paprika, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a separate bowl. Bitchin’ batter time!
3. Dip your fish *deep* into the liquid batter. Let the excess fall off, then dredge in dry flour mix. Coat filets in any leftover dry mix before cooking.
4. Pre-heat the air fryer to 390°F.
5. Spray your filets! Spritz enough veggie oil to make them glisten. Air-fry for 12 minutes at 390ºF. Keep your oil on hand- double and triple spray as needed if looking dry.
6. Delicately place your (hot!) filets into warm corn tortillas. Assemble with purple cabbage, red onion, and the biggest possible scoop (or two) of Cilantro Chili Bitchin’ Sauce.